Monday, August 17, 2009

Media Twits

(DISCLAIMER: That is not a derogatory statement to those in the media considering I am one and yes, I understand the irony of this daily post...)

I had to give my daily analysis of Twitter and Facebook stories in the news a name and this is my paltry first attempt. I will try and rectify the situation in due course.

I am also trying to find a better way of analysing just just how many news stories are in fact based on Twitter or Facebook or contains information within. Trust me, I will find a way, however GoogleNews search will have to suffice for now.

Anyway, today's tally (taken at 9.40am) stands at:

Twitter 108,986

v

Facebook 92,935

The best stories have to be:

FACEBOOK
A thief who stole a woman's laptop then proceeded to taunt her online through her own Facebook account.
Well done.

TWITTER
The New York Jets NFL players are being encouraged to Tweet by their coach, which I am sure will bring the total number of intelligent comments on Twitter to a grand total of 0

No comments:

Post a Comment