Monday, August 17, 2009

Harry Potter is wicked but so are armour plated dogs

My step-father said to me once, "son, don't take life too seriously because if you do, you will miss out on all the joys of life, like armoured dogs (pictured)."

Thankfully, he is allowing me to read the Harry Potter series, which I must say is a great delight. However what makes me even happier is that the Church has AGAIN followed my lead and is "re-reading" Harry Potter.

To my relief some quarters have recanted their earlier thoughts that the wee bairns at Hogswart are evil and Mr Potter is in fact the devil himself.

Here is a great article in the Boston Mail to prove that when Christianity, or some within its hallowed walls, get it wrong, they can admit their faults and get on with life. I for one am just glad the church are tackling the big issues.

But in matter of fairness, anyone who still believes Harry Potter is the devil should check out this mixed bag:

*
For those who think Harry Potter is wicked and not in the "sup mofo dat H-to-the-P (or alternatively the H-Bomb although that could be a tad insensitive) is one wicked gangsta to roll wiff, aight?" but in more of a "he is wicked and needs to be burnt to death", check out the aptly named subsection of the Jesus-Is-Savior website. (Note: I must point out that they are in fact correct in their assessment of Harry Potter being a "false religion". I would however like to point out that no-one called it a religion to start off with.)

* This lady at a Christian camp tells it like it is, or how it would have been "back in the day" or maybe how it should have been.

* Here is an interesting Islamic analysis of HP.

And don't forget......
Dog's in armour rule (thanks to Collette Archive for the pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment