Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gastronomical update

The good news is dinner went well. The risotto was creamy, the vegetables were sultry and the salmon was cooked to perfection (more good luck then good timing).

The corinader seed crust was surprisngly untasty according to the love of my life whereas I personally thought it had a slight hint of south east Asia, the tasty part of course and not the open sewerage sections.

The cream sauce, with its infusion of kaffir lime leaves was okay and this might be from the fact I smoked for many years and haven't done for 12 months now but I think my tastebuds are still waiting for a Jesus-like resurection, which I am hoping will come around Easter.

As far as the buttermilk bread goes, it was a nice touch. Light, fluffy and very white, it was like eating cottonballs, which in itself if probably not the best selling point considering that cottonballs get quite sticky and rigid after dousing in contact with saliva for a prolonged period. Don't ask how I know that, I just do.

Today the kitchen will be a lot quieter as there was left over risotto that I am now going to roll into balls and coat in breadcrubs and make into, well, risotto balls. Still haven't decided on what to serve them with but I may even just nick down to the deli and grab a bunch of cheeses, a kind of hot canape if you will.

We'll see.

There is still half a loaf of bread left so no need to worry about that just yet although I do need to consider what to bake for the mystery duck dish tomorrow night. Bread rolls perhaps? Maybe a crunchy baguette?

No comments:

Post a Comment